Hey, we’re not all parties, hot women, gambling, and drinking. We have a serious side too... well at least that’s what you’re going to tell your boss. Truth is everyone wants to come to Vegas for any reason they can think of, and a business trip is a very popular excuse. We are huge on conventions, and just a great place for a company to get together, sales meeting, and more.
Nearly every casino can host a convention of a particular size however the largest is the Las Vegas Convention Center. At 3,200,000 sq ft and hosting events and attractions with members numbering as many as 200,000, it is one of the largest centers in the world. If you are attending a convention held here, chances are it is on a weekend when the Strip and Downtown are nearly full. Check out “Where to Stay” below to find the best places for business in Vegas.
Other places holding conventions include:
- Sands Expo – another very large venue off the Strip
- Mandalay Events Center
- Bally’s Las Vegas
- Venetian Hotel/Casino
- Palace Station – smaller venue
- South Point – away from the Strip and smaller venue
- Mandarin Oriental – new and great amenities
- Riviera – one of the less expensive on the Strip
- Tuscany – very nice, off the Strip
- Planet Hollywood
- Four Seasons Hotel – top of Mandalay, beautiful location
- Golden Nugget – downtown and less expensive
- MGM Grand – a larger venue on the Strip
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Vdara – newer and very nice
- Caesars Palace
- Orleans – just off the Strip
- Loews Lake Las Vegas – beautiful area away from the Strip
- Red Rock – fairly new and away from the Strip
- Encore and Wynn
- JW Marriott – readily available golf and spa
- Aria – very new and top-line amenities
And there are more. Check with your hotel to see the size and amenities offered.
Where to Stay on a Las Vegas Business Trip
If you are here for a convention, it is always great to stay where the convention is being held. This is not always possible naturally, especially for particularly large conventions. The following have excellent amenities regardless what kind of business you are here for or where meetings/conventions will be held. In no particular order:
- Alexis Park Resort Hotel – Walking distance from the Strip. Offers secretary service, audio-visual, and flexible meeting space.
- Caesars – Center of the Strip and a variety of options for both meetings and conventions.
- Four Seasons Hotel – At Mandalay on the south side of the Strip. Offers computer rentals, a high-tech business center, and full office accommodations.
- Las Vegas Hilton – Close to Las Vegas Convention Center, and itself offers meeting space. Has a high-tech business center.
- The Venetian – Center of Strip and offers great convention space. Has high speed internet, computer rentals, shipping, photocopies, and a great business center.
And check with the other casinos if these are full or too far from where you will be meeting. Almost every major casino has a business center, shipping options, internet connection, either computer rentals or computer hook-ups from the room, and more.